The success of your implants depends on your personal daily oral hygiene and regular visits to your dentist and hygienist.
Professional cleaning should be carried out by a hygienist at least every three months.
- We recommend the use of an electric toothbrush twice a day. Our recommended electric toothbrush is the Braun OralB professional care – using standard or sensitive head.
- Floss around each implant abutment twice a day. You will be shown our recommended technique and we will advise you of which type of floss to use.
- You may be advised to use interdental brushes to clean around the implant and we may recommend that you apply Corsodyl Gel, or something similar, when doing so.
- We may advise you to use a fluoride or anti-bacterial daily mouthwash. Discuss this with your hygienist.
- Inspect your implants and if you see redness of the gum around the implant, or bleeding, contact your dentist.