THE MINIMALLY INVASIVE WAY
NO MORE RUBBER CUPS
NO MORE BRUSHES
NO MORE PASTE
LESS USE OF POWER AND HAND INSTRUMENTATION
Guided Biofilm Therapy is the systematic, predictable solution for dental biofilm management in professional prophylaxis using state of the art AIRFLOW®, PERIOFLOW® and PIEZON® technologies. It is proven by scientific evidence.
Guided Biofilm Therapy consists of treatment protocols based on individual patient diagnosis and risk assessment in order to achieve optimal results. The treatment is given in the least invasive way, with the highest level of comfort, safety and efficiency.
Guided Biofilm Therapy includes Oral Hygiene Instructions with electric toothbrushes and Airfloss plus patient education and motivation to maintain natural teeth and implants for as long as possible. Join the Swiss Dental Academy and learn more about «GBT».
Probe and screen every clinical case:
– Healthy teeth, caries, gingivitis, periodontitis
– Healthy implants, mucositis, peri-implantitis
– Start by rinsing with BacterX Pro mouthwash
Make Biofilm visible:
– Highlight to patients the disclosed biofilm and their problematic areas with EMS Biofilm Discloser
– The color will guide biofilm removal
– Once biofilm is removed, calculus is easier to detect
Raise awareness and teach:
– Emphasize on prevention
– Instruct your patients in oral hygiene
– EMS recommends Sonicare toothbrushes and interdental brushes or Airfloss Ultra
Remove biofilm, stains and early calculus:
– Use AIRFLOW® for natural teeth, restorations and implants.
– Remove biofilm supra- and subgingivally up to 4 mm using PLUS 14 μm powder
– Remove remaining stains on enamel using CLASSIC COMFORT Powder.
– Also remove biofilm from gingiva, tongue and palate.
Remove biofilm in >4 to 9 mm pockets:
– Use PLUS Powder on natural teeth in deep pockets and root furcations and on implants
– Use new and slimmer PERIOFLOW® Nozzle
Remove remaining calculus:
– Use the minimally invasive EMS PS instrument supra-and sugingivally up to 10 mm
– Clean > 10 mm pockets with mini curette
– Use EMS PI Instrument around implants up to 3 mm subgingivally and on restorations
Make your patient smile:
– Do a final check for remaining biofilm
– Ensure calculus is fully removed
– Accurately diagnose caries
– Protect with fluoride
Healthy patient = Happy patient:
– Schedule recall frequency according to risk assessment
– Ask your patient if he or she liked the treatment
– GBT is the new approach in professional prophylaxis for biofilm management.
– GBT is the foundation of a successful prevention of periodontal and peri-implant disease.
– GBT plays an important role in maintaining oral health helping prevent/control oral/systemic diseases such as atherosclerosis, respiratory problems, erectile dysfunction, diabetes, heart problems…
– GBT helps early detection of white spots and caries hence being minimally invasive.
– GBT is the systematic approach for prevention and maintenance of all orthodontic appliances.
– GBT hinders gingival overgrowth, gingivitis and recession.
– GBT helps early detection and subsequent prevention of white spots and caries.
– GBT maintains integrity of the orthodontic appliances hence minimizing biofilm accumulation.
– GBT is the only predictable solution for implant maintenance.
– Treating mucositis with GBT can help prevent peri-implantitis.
– GBT is indispensable for pre-treatment, post-operative and life long maintenance of implants.